Thursday, November 27, 2008

Family: Thanksgiving 2008

Family

Thanksgiving was something I was looking forward to for a while. I had some vacation time and planned on spending time with my family in East Texas. Excitement had been building as I drove home. I was eager to get the holiday time started with being back home where I knew my mom would be cooking good food, my dad and I would be sitting in the living room talking about life, my Sister, Sarah, would be hanging out with her boyfriend, and my little sister, Catie, would want to cuddle up with someone on the couch. My brother, Nathan, would come over with his girlfriend and two kids. Nathan would be the charismatic and energetic ball of information as the rest of us decide how much of what he is saying is true or just sheer passion driving un-yielded data out of his mouth. He's a character!

My brokenness became apparent to me not too long after arriving. The little quirks that make my family the unique circus show that they are began to eat at my patience. I didn't sleep much while I was home, which may have been one reason that I was so acceptable to agitation.

It's weird how one changes. It's scary that I am becoming less like my parents in some areas and more like them in others. I love my family dearly....but there is a different kind of love that drives those relationships as compared to relationships outside of family. The bottom line is..I was blessed today. I saw most of my biological family today. Many people can't say that this year. I left the blessed day with two very different feelings. I love my family VERY much....but sometimes I'd rather be in Denton. I'm praying through it and trusting that God will tell me what's going on in my heart and my head.

No comments: